Book: The Weepers: The Other Life - Susanne Winnacker
Publishing Date: May 01, 2012
Read from February 08 to 09, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Science Fiction
3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world
Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation...and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers.
When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers.
But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?
I love zombies! and I really liked this book. It was totally unexpected. I love zombies and science fiction, and this has the best of both worlds. Totally a fun read.
The story is about Sherry, who is living with her family in a bunker for the past three years because of the outbreak of a deadly virus aka rabies. This has turned people into flesh eating zombies. The book starts when the family consumes the last bits of the food left in the bunker. So, Sherry and her father have to go back into the big bad world to fetch some food.
The story line is not very unique but it has a very special element to it, that makes it so entertaining. I just couldn't put the book down.
- Amazingly fast paced book with some very serious action packed scenes.
- Basically the book is a survival story and a good one at it. Who doesn't like those?
- I really liked some characters in the book and Joshua as a character fascinated me. Definitely an add to my crush worthy boyfriend.
- The writing was very very good. Kudos to Susanne Winnacker.
- Great twists and turns. It kept me at the edge of my seat.
- I really like Sherry's voice in the book.
- I would have liked a little more of the world building. I know this is a part of the series and there is more to come but still a little more would have been better.
LoL Moments: 2/5
Favorite Quote: "They’re called the Weepers, and you don’t weep for them.
You must kill them, or they will kill you..."
Favorite Character: Joshua
Thanks Marshall Cavendish via Netgallery for the arc!