Monday 2 January 2012

Quick Review: The Hunger Game Series By Suzanne Collins

Book: Hunger Games Series - Suzanne Collins
Publication: 2008 - 2010
Read from November 2011 to January 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian


My View:


Hunger Games series is one of the best series and individual books I have ever read. They are my absolute favorites. Suzanne Collins gives such vivid description of this futuristic country of Panem and its population that I could close my eyes and imagine the districts, the capitol and the games myself. 


Another thing that extraordinary about hunger games is its amazing characters. The very strong, unapologetic and sensible heroin Katniss Everdeen, the boy everyone feel in love with Peeta Mallark, the strong and brotherly role model Gale Thawthore and my fovorite character, the funny, quirky and sarcastic mentor Haymitch Abernathy. Plus, it gives an array of memorable characters that you will instantly feel in love with.


There is very little that i don't like about this series and i have no intention to state it. If i continue to write a bigger review it might turn into a gush fest :). So I end it right about now.


Overall:  4.5 and a double thumbs up!
Hunger Games: 5/5
Catching Fire: 4.5/5
Mockingjay: 4/5


Writing: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Romance: 4/5
Cover: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment