I just joined YA Book Club on goodreads and saw this amazing challenge and just jumped right into it because there are so many books i have that goes with it. The only concern is i am a bit behind (A whole freaking month!) but still *fingers crossed* i will be able to finish it on time.
Duration: December 1, 2011 - February 29, 2012.
We are a YA Book Club, so all books should be young adult.
You have 3 months to read 10 YA books that satisfy following requirements:
1) Winter is the time when books are given awards are and are placed on a variety of Best oflists. Read a book which received some critical or popular acclaim in 2011. Here are some ideas: Goodreads Choice Awards nominees, Kirkus' Best Teen Books of 2011, Publishers Weekly Best Children's Books of 2011, Amazon Best Young Adult Books of 2011.
2) Read a book that is a new release published in December of 2011, January or February of 2012. Goodreads offers lists of the most popular new releases by month, they might help you to make your choices - December, January and February. (If you have difficulties obtaining these new books, you can read a release from the same months in 2010/2011).
3) Read a book set in winter, has a "wintery" cover (snow, skiing, etc.), features Christmas.
4) Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word WINTER.
5) Read a book written by an author who is absolutely new to you.
6) Read a book that features an animal, for example, a main character owns a pet, works with animals , or rides them.
7) In celebration of Valentine's Day, read a romance, contemporary, paranormal, historical, etc., or any book with a strong romantic subplot.
8) Read a book which has a character of noble blood - this character can belong to royalty or aristocracy, in a novel set in present or past, real world or fantasy.
9) Read a book about a character with a single parent or no parents.
10) Try an audiobook. If you learn that this format doesn't work for you, you can switch to a written version of your chosen audio.
1) Best of 2011 - Love Story - Jennifer Echols
2) New release - The One That I Want - Jennifer Echols
3) Winter cover - Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn, David Levithan
4) Starts with letter in winter - Wake - Lisa McMann
Author new to me - The Boyfriend List - E. Lockhart
6) Animal book - Dairy Queen - Catherine Gilbert Murdock
7) Romance - Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
8) Royalty - Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
Single parent, etc. - Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
10) Audio book - Keeping the Moon - Sarah Dessen
I don't like audio books so i might just read it too.
Wish me luck! I am only 1 down 9 to go.