I am a member of goodreads YA Book Club and every three months they come up with these awesome challenges. As like last time I am totally in for this one as well.
Duration: March 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012.
We are a YA Book Club, so all books should be young adult.
You have 3 months to read 10 YA books that satisfy following requirements:
1) Read a book which was nominated for or won the William C. Morris award. This reward recognizes debut writers. Information about the award is here.
2) Read a book that is a new release published in March, April or May of 2012. Goodreads offers lists of the most popular new releases by month, they might help you to make your choices - March, Apriland May. (If you have difficulties obtaining these new books, you can read a release from the same months in 2011).
3) Read a book set with a cover that has something botanical on it - flowers, trees, grass, etc.
4) Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word SPRING.
5) With the rise of the popularity of Australian authors, I think it is time for us all to read at least one YA book written by an author from Australia. Some titles here.
6) Read a book that involves traveling - a road trip, a trip or moving to another state, country or continent.
7) Read a book that is funny!
8) Read a book which has a character who is a fighter or warrior of some sort.
9) Read a book with a sick character - recovering from an injury, disabled, terminally ill, etc.
10) Read a book written by a male author.
1) William C. Morris Award: Hold Still by Nina LaCour
2) Published March,April,May 2012: Slide by Jill Hathaway
3) Botanical On Cover: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
5) Australian Author: Good Oil by Laura Buzo
6) Travel: Paper Towns by John Green
7) Funny: The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them by E. Lockhart
8) Warrior/Fighter: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
9) Sick Character: Wither by Lauren DeStefano
10) Male Author: Emily the Strange: The Lost Days by Rob Reger