Book: You Against Me - Jenny Downham
Publication Date: July 7th 2011
Read from February 25 to March 04, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Contemperary, Romance
I have heard great things about Jenny Downham first book Before I Die, but for some reason I just can't get my hands on it. So, when I came across this book i just picked it up without giving it a second thought.
I went into this book without any knowledge about it and I was really surprised with the plot and it's treatment. The story and the treatment is very true to life. Rape is a very tricky subject and this book deals with it in a very mature manner.
I liked the characters and it was not difficult for me to relate to them. I really liked Ellie and Mikey. I like the family dynamics and the conversations between the characters.
The book is great, it could have been a little better but I still ended up loving it loads.
- The story and the subject matter. It's different!
- The characters feels real and they talk like real people.
- The love story and the back story of Ellie and Mikey.
- The mystery part of the book. There is not much of it but whatever is there is done very well.
- Thought provoking. It really made me think and i genuinely like that in a book.
- I just wished the book to be a little more darker, grittier and intense. Other then that I don't really have any complains.
LoL Moments: 3/5
Favorite Quote: “If you want a girl to like you, you have to listen like a woman and love like a man.”
Favorite Character: Mikey