Book: The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles #1) - Mary E. Pearson
Publication Date: April 29th 2008
Read from February 11 to 17, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian
Who is Jenna Fox? Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a coma, they tell her, and she is still recovering from a terrible accident in which she was involved a year ago. But what happened before that? Jenna doesn't remember her life. Or does she? And are the memories really hers?
This fascinating novel represents a stunning new direction for acclaimed author Mary Pearson. Set in a near future America, it takes readers on an unforgettable journey through questions of bio-medical ethics and the nature of humanity. Mary Pearson's vividly drawn characters and masterful writing soar to a new level of sophistication.
I heard a lot about this book and nothing but good things. So, obviously i was pretty excited to read the book but just like my previous read I was highly disappointed. Just like Twenty Boy Summer I couldn't get into the book at all. I couldn't relate to the characters and even though the story was interesting it sort of seemed predictable to me.
The book is tiny, it is only 266 pages but it took me 6 days to finish it. In some parts I really had to push myself to read. Which is not a good thing.
- Decent plot and interesting premise.
- Some parts of mystery were brilliant.
- The feel of book was dark and I liked that about it.
- The friendship and romance aspect of the book was nice and I wished their was more of it.
- The pacing of the book. It was extremely slow for me.
- The ending, especially the epilogue was horrible.
- The did not feel anything for any character.
LoL Moments: 2/5
Favorite Character: Lily